AN OPEN LETTER TO DIANNE FEINSTEIN, U.S. SENATOR
September 17, 2013
United States Senate
331 Hart Senate Office Bldg.
Washington, D.C. 20510
Dear Mrs. Feinstein:
I find it both ironic and disturbing that I am writing to you today, the 226th Anniversary of the signing of the Constitution of the United States, a document proven to be one of the most incredible instruments ever put forth providing for the governance of a free people and which ensures the protections of our God-given rights.
What I find most vile and disgusting however, is that I am writing to you not 24 hours after a national tragedy that claimed the lives of 12 Americans at the Washington Navy Yard a few miles from your office. It is with utter disdain to me that before the first casualty was removed from the scene of this horrific event, you once again stood at the podium advocating for stricter gun control laws and a direct violation of the Second Amendment to the Constitution. Absolutely sickening.
But once again, Mrs. Feinstein, you spoke with ignorance and without any facts to back up your anti-American, anti-Constitutional ramblings. In your statement you proclaimed,
“This is one more event to add to the litany of massacres that occur when a deranged person or grievance killer is able to obtain multiple weapons—including a military-style assault rifle—and kill many people in a short amount of time. When will enough be enough? Congress must stop shirking its responsibility and resume a thoughtful debate on gun violence in this country. We must do more to stop this endless loss of life.”
Let me take a moment to present some FACTS as we know them to you Mrs. Feinstein since you felt the need to use the occasion of the deaths of these innocent Americans to push your anti-American agenda.
First… Aaron Alexis was, but all indications, a mentally-disturbed individual that accordingly was not eligible under current laws to own or possess a firearm. Under state/federal laws, there are two disqualifications for the exercise of the Second Amendment… mental defect/disease and felony conviction. While Alexis did have an arrest record, the incidents were misdemeanors and NOT felonies, thus did not disqualify him from owning a firearm. But I am SURE you will push to change the law so that any person even SUSPECTED of jay-walking will be disqualified from owning a firearm. However, Alexis DID have mental/emotional issues and was being treated for such which WOULD have disqualified him for Second Amendment protection.
Second, Mr. Alexis arrived at the Washington Navy Yard with a SHOTGUN. Do you know what that is Mrs. Feinstein? Because if so, PLEASE inform the so-called “news anchors and media ‘experts’” at CNN who believe it was an AR-15 SHOTGUN. However, I doubt you do. So, Alexis arrives at the WNY, at which point he shoots an uniformed officer and THEN takes the individual’s M-16 select-fire rifle and a 9mm handgun. See how this is working out Dianne? Two of the three weapons Alexis possessed were STOLEN on-site. But you refuse to acknowledge that because it doesn’t fit into your disarmament agenda or liberal media narrative.
Third, Washington, D.C. has some of the strictest, and most restrictive, gun laws in the Nation. If you would like further proof of this, please visit the following link ~ GUN CONTROL FACTS. In brief, here’s the FACTS, dear Dianne, complied from the Department of Justice and the Federal Bureau of Investigations. I know beyond certainty you’re going to hate this…
* In 1976, the Washington, D.C. City Council passed a law generally prohibiting residents from possessing handguns and requiring that all firearms in private homes be (1) kept unloaded and (2) rendered temporally inoperable via disassembly or installation of a trigger lock. The law became operative on Sept. 24, 1976.
* On June 26, 2008, the U.S. Supreme Court, in a 5-4 ruling, struck down this law as unconstitutional.
* During the years in which the D.C. handgun ban and trigger lock law was in effect, the Washington, D.C. murder rate averaged 73% HIGHER than it was at the outset of the law, while the U.S. murder rate averaged 11% LOWER. For nearly a decade, Washington, D.C. has been universally known as the “Murder Capital of the World.” But how can that be Dianne? I mean, seriously… with the most restrictive gun laws in the Nation, how in the world do people obtain and use firearms in crimes committed in D.C.? Here’s just an overview of the D.C. gun laws…
Still not convinced, Senator? Then let me enlighten you to the current D.C.’s gun rules:
Buying a gun:
- 10-day waiting period between purchasing and obtaining a firearm.
- “Assault weapons” (certain models of semi-automatic rifles), including the most popular rifle in America, the AR-15 (used in the Aurora theater shooting and the Newtown shooting) are banned.
- Large capacity magazines (more than 10 rounds) are banned.
- Selling a gun to anyone who is reasonably believed to not be “of sound mind” is illegal.
- Machine guns and sawed-off shotguns are banned.
- Parent or guardian permission required for gun purchasers between the ages of 18 and 21.
- You must purchase a firearm from a registered firearms dealer in D.C.
Who can’t buy a gun:
- The legally blind.
- Anyone who has been convicted of a violent crime or a weapons offense
- Anyone who is under indictment for a violent crime or weapons offense.
- Anyone who has been convicted of a drug offense or making threats to do bodily harm in the last 5 years.
- Anyone who has been adjudicated to be an alcoholic or acquitted of a crime by reason of insanity in the last 5 years.*
- Anyone who has been committed to a mental institution in the last five years.*
Registering a gun:
- Any previously owned firearm must be registered in the District.
- Firearms must be re-registered every three years.
- Gun owners must complete a background check, an online firearm safety course, and pass a test about D.C.’s gun laws.
- Pass vision requirements.
Owning a gun
- Carrying a concealed weapon in DC is illegal.
- Carrying a weapon openly is illegal.
- You can be arrested and your firearm confiscated if you stop in DC for any reason with a firearm from out of state.
- Transporting any loaded gun in a vehicle in DC is illegal. Guns are required to be unloaded and unable to be accessed by the driver. The firearm or ammunition cannot be stored in the glove compartment or console.
- Gun free zones include day care centers, schools, universities, public swimming pools, video arcades, or youth centers. Carrying a gun into a gun-free zone carries a fine or can result in imprisonment.
So naturally Mrs. Feinstein, I, along with 89 MILLION responsible, legal gun owners, am just baffled how in the hell YOU think that adding yet ANOTHER restriction or MEANINGLESS violation of the Constitution’s Second Amendment will deter CRIMINALS from obtaining/stealing firearms in order to commit crimes. But we see through your game, Dianne. This isn’t about guns.. this is about CONTROL. Pure and simple. You and your left-wing liberal, anti-American, anti-Constitution socialists are hellbent on denying Americans their God-given, Constitutionally-protected RIGHTS.
Let me set the record straight for you Mrs. Feinstein ~ it’s time for you to go. You have spent more than 20 years making a career out of destroying American Exceptionalism. You are the poster child for Term Limitations, and I find you to be utterly disgusting for using the deaths of Americans as your soapbox for yet more Constitutional violations.
What I find incredibly interesting too, Dianne, is the political profile of the individuals who have most recently committed these atrocities… Aaron Alexis, Jared Loughner, James Holmes, Adam Lanza, George Zimmerman (though I actually support his actions under current Stand Your Ground legislation) ~ they were ALL registered DEMOCRATS, Sunshine. YOUR people. YOUR constituency. And God forbid I bring up the FACT that D.C. has been under corrupt, DEMOCRATIC control for decades along the same lines as two other stellar, restrictive gun control cities… Chicago (a city which by May 2013, had already surpassed the entire number of murders for 2012) and Detroit, with a crime rate of 84 per 1,000 residents and a murder rate higher than the entire country of Columbia!
In closing, let me make clear something that true, honest Americans think about you, your constituency, your supporters and those government officials who stand with you such as Michael Bloomberg: The American people have had ENOUGH of your communist, anti-American rhetoric and actions. As a Marine, I have stood in defense of this Nation in times of peace and times of war. If you think that I, or any of my former brothers-in-arms, or ANY of the 89 MILLION law-abiding, peaceful gun owners of this Exceptional Nation, are going to sit idly by and watch disgusting, vile individuals such as yourself attempt to destroy the foundation of country or the Constitution, you are dead wrong. You want a fight? You got it. Because we will take every political, legal and necessary action to stop you dead in your tracks. Mark my words, Mrs. Feinstein. It’s time for you and your ilk to go.
Take these words in stride, Senator. We’re taking America back. And I strongly suggest you get out of our way.
God bless America. God bless the families affected by this tragedy. May they rest in God’s peace. Semper Fi.
Robert Philip Dean, USMC
Founder, The American Patriot Alliance
American. Christian. Marine.
PLEASE HELP SUPPORT THE APA’S EFFORTS
For more donation options, please call 501.454-8548. Your help is urgently needed.